Aim & Objectives
Being able to deal constructively with difficult people and conflict is a vital part of personal effectiveness at work. This interactive and practical event is designed for everyone who may need to deal with difficult people at work (e.g. your staff, your management, your colleagues or your clients). This workshop offers an opportunity to work through challenging scenarios that you are experiencing or have experienced with others. It is possible learn how to deal more effectively with difficult people in order to bring about a more productive and positive working relationship. This event will give you the tools to be more effective at handling these challenging situations. It is suitable for people from all levels within any type of organisation.
Disagreements and misunderstandings can turn into serious conflicts. It is essential that we have the skills and techniques to deal with difficult people and conflict situations. It is crucial when dealing with difficult people and situations that we look at our approach to communication and understand how different perceptions can be a key cause of conflict. In today’s busy work environment we need to develop social awareness, enhance working relationships, manage our emotions and learn how to read and interpret the signals given through non-verbal communication. When we understand our own and others’ challenges then we can deal with difficult people much more effectively.
Benefits of attending the course
- Understand different types of difficult behaviours and how to prevent and respond to them
- Explain what conflict is and what causes it
- Understand the different styles of resolving conflict
- Define what effective, assertive communication is and how it can be used to deal with difficult people
- Give effective feedback on behaviours
- Use practical techniques for dealing with aggression and anger
- Practise dealing with conflict scenarios.