Aim & Objectives
Budgeting is the tool that most organisations use to control expenditure and set targets for income and profit. Whether they are held centrally or devolved whether capital or operational the ability to set challenging budgets and monitor them effectively is a vital skill for your organisation and to ensure success.
This one-day guide is intended to provide all staff involved in the planning and budgeting process with the skills knowledge and tools to prepare and manage a budget effectively.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for staff at all levels in an organisation to explore the principles and concepts behind preparing and monitoring budgets effectively.
Benefits of attending the course
By attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the financial principals to setting up your own business
- Plan tactically and strategically
- Prepare and manage a budget effectively
- The link between budgets and Strategic and Business Plans
- Basic Financial principles
- Budget construction – cost behaviours
- Budget profiling – accruals and cash based
- Budget monitoring – variance analysis
- The importance of Cash budgeting