Aim & Objectives
It is well documented that strategic thinkers are found to be among the most highly effective leaders. They take a broad long-range approach to problem-solving and decision-making by thinking ahead using objective analysis and planning. This requires being able to think systematically and across multiple time frames.
Strategic thinking focuses on the long term rather than just the short-term. Both analytic and creative a great leader will take a critical approach to current practices within the business and is not afraid to suggest change.
Providing the opportunity for role play sessions so delegates can put into practice the tools and techniques learnt over the course of the day this course will provide attendees with the confidence to lead strategically and effectively. Delegates will be given the tools and techniques required to look objectively at organisational practice and focus on how to use what they already have to maximize potential.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is looking to enhance their approach to strategic thinking and planning to therefore become a more effective leader.
Benefits of attending the course
By attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of a good strategy
- Understand the difference between strategic and operational thinking and when is best to use them
- Use PESTLE to identify key challenges facing their organisation
- Set and achieve attainable personal and organisational objectives
- Introduction course welcome and structure
- The strategic context
- What is good strategic thinking
- Practical sessions using visioning techniques
- Forecasting trends