Aim & Objectives
Accurate and efficient note taking is a skill essential across many fields. It allows for a meeting to be summarised in short hand as it progresses and then converted in to minutes that can reflect the key issues raised.
This seminar aims to provide you with the tools and techniques to prepare for and make clear and concise notes during meetings, whilst also giving you tips and tricks for writing up minutes once a meeting is over.
Unclear speakers and interruptions are common in daily conversation, and therefore inevitable during meetings. This highlights the importance of understanding the role of a note taker and being aware of what you should be listening out for. Helping you prepare for such situations this seminar will show you how to deal with technical language, give you writing style tips and will take you right through the note taking process from pre-meeting preparations to post meeting write-ups.
Facilitated by experienced written communication trainer Natalie Styles, this interactive event will allow you to practice the skills that you have learned throughout the day and ensure that you are armed with several tips and tricks to enhance your note taking.
Who should attend?
This is a crucial course for anyone who uses note taking as an essential part of their work.
Benefits of attending the course
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Comprehensively understand the role of a note taker
- How to accurately prepare for meetings
- Effective note taking techniques and how they can be applied to various meetings
- How to confidently deal with common note taking issues such as interruptions and unclear speakers
- How to clearly write up notes into clear minutes that cover all key issues raised
- Introduction, Course Structure and Personal Objectives
- Introduction into accurate note taking
- Understanding how to comprehensively prepare to note take
- How to deal with problems that may arise
- Practical exercises on taking notes at meetings
- Minute writing techniques