Aim & Objectives
Following the Brexit vote the UK’s data protection regime is changing. Organisations that do not keep up risk data leaks and this can at the very worst led to prosecution.
To keep up with the current changes this course provides a thorough understanding of both the Data Protection 1998 Act the proposed changes to data protection law and what the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are intending to deliver.
Who should attend?
Teaching delegates how to keep up to date with changing data protection laws this course is for those whose roles involve working with sensitive data.
Benefits of attending the course
By attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the difference between the Data Protection Act and the GPR
- Identify what is required of them to stay within the data protection laws
- Implement data protection principles within their organisation
- Introduction Course Welcome and Structure
- Introduction to data protection
- Understanding the data protection principles
- Law security rights and exemptions
- Notification registrations and powers
- GDPR and the changes made by them