Aim & Objectives
This event is designed for people who need to distil a mass of complex information into a two page decision paper, for busy decision takers.
People gaining most benefit from this event will be working in an area where decisions are needed to implement plans and projects.
Who should attend?
Typically participants will be policy civil servants, or local government officers; but the techniques and skills have wide application across the public sector, and the voluntary and charitable sector.
People in the private sector writing papers for a company board or directly to a chief executive will also benefit from the approaches taught, as well as anyone who wants to gain an insight into decision making in government.
Benefits of attending the course
By the end of the course participants will:
- Know how to get the essential facts from a mass of material
- Have learned techniques to analyse options to achieve planned outcomes
- Know how to structure and present a complex decision paper succinctly
- Have practised techniques using a case study
- Have gained confidence to originate their own work, and provide feedback to their staff